Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easier This Time Around?

Well, we've done it ... we both hit that number on the scale that left us terrified and we're back on the Weight Watcher's bandwagon. Our second weigh in is today and we're both expecting to see about a 5 pound weight loss. Yay! A couple of years ago, D and I joined WW and he lost 60 pounds (he's gained about 20 of it back), while I lost 40 pounds and have gained every solitary pound plus about 2 back. You may be thinking, "But wait, you had a baby! Give yourself a break!" Ha. I only gained 25 of those pounds while pregnant and I swiftly lost every # after Jenaleigh came along. (Only to eventually gain it back!)

The 2012 WW is a little different than it was in 2010 -- for example, (most) fruits and vegetables are ZERO points. Translation: We can have as many as we want! Also, we're given a higher point allotment for the day than I remember us having. Daniel even asked me if it seemed "easier this time around." A tad bit. But, I think it's easier for him because he has 43(?) points to eat, whereas I only have 34! :-)
*Been-there-done-that tip: It's *SO* much easier to lose weight when your husband is taking the journey with you. In 2007 and 2008 I tried Nutrisystem and WW without him, and while I saw some results, they were minimal. Don't have a husband who wants to lose weight? Find a friend -- but, don't suggest it to her. That could be what you might call... insulting. Wait until she starts complaining about her weight and then ask if she'd like to be your weight lose buddy!


MY WEIGHT JOURNEY -- Curious about what I've tried; what worked; what didn't? Obviously I'm not a success story when it comes to maintaining my weight; which, is our biggest goal for this weight loss round. We're going to *try* to tackle it and keep it off. I'm also bringing God into this battle with me. I've usually forgotten to ask for his help when it comes to losing weight. But, why? He's my biggest Ally!

Age 12 -- Weight: 200+ lbs. Yes, Seriously.
Age 13 -- Lost 60 lbs. Method? Starvation and Interest in Boys. Would not recommend this.
Age 15 -- Lost 10 lbs. More boy craze was my motivation, and therefore I severely limited calorie intake.
Age 18 -- Gained about 20. But, I was comfortable with where I was.
Age 19 -- Gained 45. Blame it on getting married and eating cheap junk.
Age 19 -- Lost 15. Nutrisystem. Eh. I wouldn't do it again -- it was mostly processed foods (that can't be good for us, right?) and was unrealistic to keep up with.
Age 20-21 -- Gained 15. Stress. Life. Etc.
Age 21 -- Lost 15 doing WW by myself.
Age 23 -- Gained 25.
Age 23 -- Lost 40 with the help of WW and Daniel joining my side.
Age 24 -- Gained 15. Got pregnant. Gained 25.
Age 25 -- Had baby. Lost 25. Gained 25.

Wow... Is that what we call "yo-yo" dieting, or WHAT?!?! Hopefully, the next line in this journey will read "Age 26 -- Lost 50 pounds, kept it off for good." Prayers would be appreciated!

So, Weight Watchers and weight issues aside, I've also been busy preparing for Little Bug's "One"-derland Celebration! I've made a high chair tutu, decorated a screen with pictures of her, created Wonderland direction signs, made invitations, and more! Stay tune for photos and maybe even a tutorial or two?


No comments:

Post a Comment