Friday, September 23, 2011

Day in the Life of a SAHM & 4 Month Old

I think I had been taking it for granted. But now I realize how blessed I am to be one... A stay at home mom. (SAHM). I've seen a few statuses on Facebook lately from mothers who are leaving their babies in daycare for the first time (some babies as young as 8 weeks), and I literally weep as I read how sad they were to say goodbye for 8 hours. I weep for them but I also weep just thinking about how utterly despaired I would be to know I had to leave Jenaleigh for 5 out of 7 days.

So, in honor of my new found appreciation for being a SAHM, here's my "Day in the Life of a SAHM + Her Baby". (Ever wonder what a SAHM mom really does during the day? Here's your chance to find out!)

Little Bug woke up from a morning cat nap around 10AM. Even though I may let out a tiny groan when her naps are short, my frown is quickly wiped away when I walk into her nursery and see this face grinning at me:


DAN_8226
A big ole stretch here....
DAN_8228 Belly time! ... And no belly time would be complete without a little pool of spit up!
DAN_8256
No matter what position she's in, she turns directly toward the TV. We can't have that, now can we?!
DAN_8236 So, sometimes I place a cow by her so she won't watch the TV. (Yes, I could turn it off... And I DO, but sometimes I just *need* to watch the news!)
DAN_8269 DAN_8239 DAN_8268
After morning belly time and some news watchin' we have quality time. I'm determined for my little girl to know God's love and to develop a deep love for Him herself, and I think one of the best ways to teach her about Him is to sing! So, for about 20-30 minutes we sing.. Her absolute favorite song is "Good Ole Noah". She also goes gaga over "This Little Light of Mine"!
DAN_8275 DAN_8285 Okay, so after we sang, the house was too quiet for me. So I went to housetohouse.com and searched for some sermons to listen to!  The one we listened to here was a SUPERB lesson on PK's (preacher's kids) by Glenn Colley.
DAN_8286 We then chilled a few minutes and decided to bring out a bib (to protect Mommy, Baby, and the couch!)
DAN_8288 DAN_8291
Cute baby feet...DAN_8272 I'm so glad we live right next to the church building so Daddy can come home for lunch. He always gets a few minutes of playing time in when he's home!
DAN_8296 DAN_8298 Today's lunch time, Daddy tried to help Jenaleigh sit up on her own. She really wants to! But, she's not quite there yet...
DAN_8302 DAN_8313
A few last hugs before Daddy goes back to work.
DAN_8320 DAN_8321
Mommy kisses. YUCK!
DAN_8326 After an afternoon nap by baby (while Mommy caught up on her Bible study and FB), it was time for me to do some dishes. (Honestly, this is my least favorite chore. So much so that you almost never find my sink without a dirty dish. I'm trying *so* hard to change this!) You may wonder why I don't do dishes during her nap? Let's just say she can sleep through a bulldozer in our yard (literally), but not dishes being clanged around. So, Jenaleigh watched from her travel swing while I labored away. She has an ultra-nice full size swing; but, she's not grown to like that one! Oh, well...
DAN_8342
Little Miss is really working on her hand-eye coordination. I can't believe that she can see an object and grab it! Her favorite elephant is Horton (which unfortunately has a hole in his back already... Gigi, can you fix this, please?) and she's just recently started to grab Horton's trunk....
DAN_8348 DAN_8351 After our afternoon play time and another quick nap, Daniel came home and we packed up to go eat Mexica.We try to have an eating out night on Mondays to combat those Mondays blues... I think she's thinking, "Are you really gonna stick me back here by myself?!" DAN_8364 DAN_8368 DAN_8374 DAN_8385 Then on to a quick trip into Walmart... DAN_8396
Then home for our bedtime routine (she's SO excited to eat!) DAN_8419 Emerging from bathtime! DAN_8426 DAN_8428 And that's pretty much our day with a few naps and meals thrown in between. It may not seem like the most exciting in the world, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment