Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Time Apart

Uncle Tim's graveside service was held in a rural family cemetery in Roane County (East TN). The birds were chirping, the breeze was blowing, and everyone there could witness the beauty of God's creation -- the creation that Uncle Tim adored so much, studied for years, and taught his students about for 25 years in Georgia high schools.

Since the service was in East Tennessee, we decided it would be easier to have Mimi and PawPaw (Daniel's parents) take Jenaleigh and watch her for two days.... Yes, I did cry as I saw them pull away with her in their backseat. I knew they would take excellent care of her. (And they did.) But, I couldn't help but be saddened.

Here's what I learned from my two days apart from Jenaleigh:

  • Mommies are supposed to be with their babies. From a biological standpoint, we are hardwired to have a desire to be in close proximity with our little ones. That's not to say that we can't be apart, but it's very difficult.
  • Someone else can take care of her. (This is a hard one to admit!)
  • It only takes 2 days for her to get "spoiled"! I think she misses being constantly held (as I'm sure she was while with her Mimi and PawPaw!). We're having to get her used to playing some by herself on her play mat and riding in the back seat without anyone next to her!
  • Having time to myself is great, but our baby really does complete our lives. We ate at Pizza Hut on our way in to East Tennessee. It was wonderful to be able to sit next to my husband and watch football, only having to worry about ourselves. But, you know what? It would have been even better if Critter was there, squealing and making us smile!
  • My life is forever changed. No matter how many days we may be apart, my heart will always long to have her near me. I know this desire will only grow and will not disappear, even when she's grown and out of the house (makes me teary just thinkin' about it)!
While her Mommy was longing to be with her, Jenaleigh was having fun! Here are some photos that Mimi took while our Little Bug was in Alabama!



No comments:

Post a Comment