Wednesday, May 11, 2011

39 Week Update.

Am I really at 39 weeks right now? I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday when we saw those two lines on the pregnancy test. But then again, it feels like such a long time ago. I'm starting to forget what it was like to not be pregnant! Here's what's happening ...

Weight Gain: 26 pounds. Seriously?!?!? I've gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Woah.
My 'Threads': Nothing new. I finally shaved my legs (really difficult to do when you're 9 months pregnant!) and so I can wear dresses without tights. Great for this sweltering heat we're experiencing.
Food Cravings: Sonic Lemonberry Slushes. And I've been noshing on cupcakes for the past week (okay, so maybe that's where the weight gain is coming from!) Daniel and I have also been eating fresh pineapple almost every evening ("They" say that it can help in cervical ripening ... although to get the maximum benefits I read that you have to eat something like 7! That's not happening!)
Labor Pains: Ugh. Yes. I've been having contractions every day for 3-4 hours, lasting 10 minutes apart since Sunday night. That first night, we got so excited, thinking that baby was on her way soon. They fizzled out, just as they have everyday since then. Today they've been going since 8 am, but aren't getting stronger or closer together. I've tried a ton of things to keep them going, but nothing seems to work. Frustrating! 
"Stuff" Status: Hospital bags packed. Nursery completed.
Thoughts: It's difficult to believe that in less than a week (or maybe a little more than a week, depending on the induction date we settle on or if she comes on her own!) we'll have our baby in our arms. We know two couples who have welcomed their babies into the world in the past two weeks (ironically both of the daddies are preachers, just like Daniel!). So, I've spent countless minutes pouring over every picture they post of the babies on Facebook, even having a few tears roll down my check at the preciousness of new life. I'm so excited that we're next in line to experience new parenthood. Facebook will probably crash with all the pictures we'll post of her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment