Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bloggin' the Night Away

Random Thought #1: Is there anything better in this world than sittin' here in my recliner, holding my baby girl, typing out a blog post, and eating donut holes? Yes, it's that time of night again. I've already been on "duty" for an hour. For those of you who don't understand what this means, let me explain: I stay up (ie. do not go to bed) holding our daughter until it's Daniel or my Mom's turn (when she's here ... which is, thankfully alot!). Seriously. Jenaleigh still won't sleep without being held. So, during our "shifts" we hold her! I try to put her in the crib, pack 'n play, or bassinet ... sometimes it sticks and she'll sleep for half an hour. But 85% of the time it doesn't. I keep telling myself that she's only little once and to soak up all of her cuteness and cuddleness. I'm so blessed to have her here safe in my arms that it's hard to get frustrated about the lack of sleep.

Random Thought #2: I'm so in love with the little faces she makes. My favorite one is when she puts her mouth in an "ooooo" shape while looking around with her big ole eyes.

Random Thought #3: I promised that I'd update on her weight and .... drumroll please ... she's up to 6 lbs 14 ozs.! No, it's not birthweight, but it's 7 ounces in 9 days, so things are looking good. Our pediatrician is pleased, but told me to keep up my "schedule" until next week when we can re-evaluate things. Right now I'm slipping with the strictness of the schedule and sometimes doing 2.5 hours or even *gasp* 3 hours in between feedings. I also haven't pumped any today to give her extra. When she's draining both sides at every session there's not much left for the pump to get out!

Randomness #4: I loved giving birth... How strange does that sound? But, it's so true. It was such a euphoric experience! I was so in awe (still am, I guess) of the process and the role in which our doula played that I'm seriously considering taking steps to obtaining certification from DONA (doulas of north america) and taking that path in life. It's something I need to pray more about. It would definitely be part time, I would never want more than 1 or 2 clients in the same month so I wouldn't be away from my family more than a couple of days. Obviously this will work out better when Jenaleigh's a little older. And, I still want to be a stay at home mommy, so being a doula would let me set my own schedule (somewhat -- not when it comes to specific day/time, but the general time commitment). It's something I'm seriously considering. To be a servant (Greek definition of doula) during the most beautiful biological process that God put into place would be such a blessing and perhaps even an opportunity to let His Light shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment