Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mom? Or Not A Mom?

I posed this question to an online community full of preggo ladies several months ago. I received a variety of responses, ranging from - "Yes! At the moment of conception one becomes a Mom" to "Absolutely not. Until your baby is in your arms, you are not a Mom."

So on this Mother's Day, am I a Mom or not a Mom?

I know I don't have the complete "mom badge". I've never changed my baby's dirty diapers, fed her in the middle of the night, cleaned up her projectile vomits. But, I am taking care of her every need. I have made my body a safe haven for her, watching everything I put into my mouth, giving myself shots to help protect her from clotting, and more.

So, I say I'm a "Mom". Perhaps next year I'll be "more of a Mom" than I am right now.

Oh, and, I think God thinks I'm a Mom right now, too ... "You knit me together in my mother's womb." - Psalm 139:13.

1 comment:

  1. from one prego to another, YOU ARE A MOM! Happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete