Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Give Her Sugar!

My baby has a very established routine already. It seems to involve being active at around 8-10 a.m., then right after lunch, then from about 5 p.m. to midnight! (No Joke!)

Well, this routine doesn't mesh well with my non-stress tests (2x a week). They're looking for 20-30 minutes of baby's movement and heartbeat reactivity to movement. All of my NSTs are between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. ... when she's asleep. And, when she's asleep, she's obviously not moving a lot or having a heartbeat that's going up, so we end up having to stay for a looooooooooooong time waiting for that movement. But, we finally found our solution ...

Kool-Aid and Chocolate.

Wakes the little sweetheart up for long enough to get plenty of movement and reactivity recorded! Am I a bad Mommy?!!? I'm already hyping my kiddo up on sugar and she hasn't even left the womb!




No comments:

Post a Comment