Wednesday, April 27, 2011

37 Week Update

It's so difficult to believe that we're at 37 weeks (which is considered "term" by most medical professionals)! So, here's the low down:

Weight Gain: 22 pounds (and it doesn't seem to be going up anytime soon since baby has got my stomach scrunched to the size of a pea so I can't eat much). I'm pretty pleased with that! (the weight gain, not the scrunching of the stomach). I know it could have been less, but for me who can gain 20 pounds in 6 months when I'm NOT preggo, I'll take this one as a small victory in self control!

My 'Threads': If you know me (or at least the pre-pregnant me), you know I'm not one for sweat pants and t-shirts. So, being on bedrest has made it a little difficult. I want to look "nice", but it's sometimes not the most comfy to lay in bed in jeans and a sweater. HOWEVER, I have been dressing decently about every other day and find that dresses (weird, I know) are actually comfy to lounge in!

Food Cravings: I haven't had many this whole pregnancy. Fresh fruit still makes me happy, but this past week I've been wanting RESTAURANT food. Maybe this means I just want to be able to get out and go eat at restaurants! What I'd love to have right now:
  • Venti Carmel Frappucino (decaf, of course)
  • Zuppa Tuscana, Olive Garden
  • Breadsticks and Alfredo Dip, Olive Garden
  • Cheese Biscuits, Red Lobster
  • Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwich, Arby's
  • Strawberry Cake, Dumplin's
  • Sausage & Feta Calzone (from anywhere, really!)
  • Loaded Bake Potato, Outback Steakhouse
  • Beef & Cheese Burrito (almost any Mexican Restaurant will do...)
Jenaleigh is...: Hiccuping. A lot. Mainly at night. When I'm trying to sleep. She hasn't felt as crazy active as she was in previous weeks (probably due to her cramped quarters), but she's still moving like a champ! She's also firmly head down (she's been there since week 30 as far as I know).

Feelings/Thoughts/Concerns: Once I'm off bedrest (in 5 days) I'll probably go into "freak out mode", but right now I'm cool, calm, and collected (well, as much as a hormonal pregnant lady can be). I know many women at this point in the game can't wait to "get the baby out", but I'm enjoying being pregnant! Don't get me wrong, I am completely looking forward to having her here in my arms, but I think bedrest makes the "symptoms" of a usually uncomfortable time period in a woman's life less noticeable. I'm not sore all the time, I'm not swollen, I don't feel like a cow, etc...

"Stuff" Status: The nursery is about 98% completed (thank you SO much D for putting the furniture together, Dad and cousin R for taking "stuff" out of boxes and assembling them, and Mom for putting "stuff" where it belongs in the nursery!) We just need to put the washed sheet on mattress, hang the valence, and move the crib over a little and we'll put a check mark on that project. Oh, and the car seat is ONE step closer to the car -- it's sitting by the front door!

Stupid Thing I Did This Week: (Sorry Mom, I know you hate the word "stupid" and the word "hate" for that matter...) Just a few seconds ago my water bottle lept to the floor behind the coffee table. Hanging on to the bed with one arm, I reached my other arm down to scoop it up. I immediately realized I had reached a little too far and then panicked thinking I had done damage to baby. Thank you so much to the caring nurse who picked up the phone at L&D when I called for reassurance tonight! She said I probably just strained a muscle since I've been on bedrest for so long and just to be sure to mention it at my appt tomorrow (which I will do!) I know the worry will never end, even when she gets here!

Exciting News: I've been nominated for the top 25 pregnancy journals along with several journals that I subscribe to! What an honor! Click the image below to vote for me (please)!

No comments:

Post a Comment